Hobbyco's first suburban shop is located at a new Shopping centre at Rhodes which is close to the demographic centre of Sydney. We chose this location for its central location and ease of access by rail and road. This is a "pocket" Hobbyco having all the essential and familiar ingredients of our flagship shop in the city but obviously not able to carry the breadth of range of the City store.
Rhodes Shopping Centre is home for a large IKEA store in Sydney and as such is a major retail attraction bringing customers from all over western and northen Sydney. The Centre includes other major retailers and an 8 Reading Cinema complex. (4 hours free parking for all cinema patrons!)Simply present your ticket stub when you exit the carpark to receive 4 hours free parking So besides Hobbyco there are lots of good reasons to come to Rhodes.
The Rhodes Centre is located at the end of Homebush Bay Drive before it merges with Concord Rd. The Centre is actually on Homebush Bay adjacent to Bicentennial Park and the Sydney Olympic Park is within a five minute drive. .
Getting to Hobbyco Rhodes
Travelling to Rhodes is easy and possible by :
- Rail Rhodes Station is 200 metres from Waterside and is on the Northern line 2 stops north of Strathfield
- Bus Services 458 and 459 service Rhodes
- Road Major Arterial Roads surround the site. At the end of the M4 Take Homebush Drive North and the Centre is at the end of Homebush Drive before it merges with Concord Rd. Coming south from the Pacihic Highway Pymble or M3 take the Lane Cove Rd south across the Parramatta River.
- Cycle Regional and Recreational cycle paths
- Ferry Nearest stop is at Meadowbank
Rhodes Shopping Centre has parking for over 8000 cars daily. The first three hours parking is FREE.
For peace of mind, Rhodes Shopping Centre car park also boasts a Five Star NRMA Excellence rating and is one of only two shopping centre car parks in Australia to be awarded this rating.