Oxford - 1/72 DH Hornet F3 WB909 RAF Kai Tak
This military version of the DH Hornet is a replica of the fighter aircraft based in Hong Kong in 1953, where it was deployed as part of 80 Sqn's duty to defend Hong Kong from perceived Communist threats during the Chinese Civil War. The de Havilland Hornet and the squadron remained there until May 1955. No 80 Squadron was formed in 1917, firstly as part of the Royal Flying Corps and then the RAF. It served in both World Wars, finally disbanding in 1969. Our replica comes in RAF grey and green camouflage with grey/blue underside and dark blue propeller spinners. The squadron roundel is interesting, being a red rectangle with a yellow diamond shape encasing the usual RAF insignia and features on both sides of the fuselage. The normal RAF roundel also appears on the upper and lower wings. The model also carries the added detail of two underwing bombs and both retracted and extended undercarriage options.
- Scale: 1/72
- Size approximately: L 6.25 x W 7.5 inches
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear with rotating wheels.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Spinning propellers.
- An Accurate Scale Model and replica
- This model is part of Oxford collection
- Not a toy, suitable for age 14+
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.