Oxford - 1/72 DH103 Sea Hornet T197 728 Sqn Malta
The De Havilland DH.103 Hornet was a piston-engined fighter that entered service at the end of WWII. Taking its first flight in April 1944 and becoming fully operational in 1946, the Sea Hornet was retired in 1956, during which time over 380 aircraft were built. The Hornet’s main role was both as a land and naval based-fighter aircraft, operated by the RAF and the Royal Navy.
Deployed as TT197, part of 728 Naval Air Squadron based at Hal Far, Malta in 1953, it is decorated in silver with black cockpit interior and black military identification markings. The RAF roundel features on the upper and lower sides of the wings and along the fuselage. Additional components on the model include two fuel tanks, an arrestor hook, with the option of both a retracted and extended undercarriage. Note too, the yellow propeller tips and spinners and the black gun ports. Every detail covered, even down to the direction of the propeller blades!
- Scale: 1/72
- Size approximately: L 6.25 x W 7.5 inches
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear with rotating wheels.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Spinning propellers.
- An Accurate Scale Model and replica
- This model is part of Oxford collection
- Not a toy, suitable for age 14+
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.