Academy - 1/48 F117A Nighthawk Last Flight
The Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk is an American single-seat, twin-engine stealth attack aircraft that was developed by Lockheed's secretive Skunk Works division and operated by the United States Air Force (USAF). The F-117 was based on the Have Blue technology demonstrator. The operational aircraft was offcially designated the name "F-117A"
The Nighthawk was the first operational aircraft to be designed around stealth technology. Its maiden flight took place in 1981, and the aircraft achieved initial operating capability status in 1983. The Nighthawk was shrouded in secrecy until it was revealed to the public in 1988. Of the 64 F-117s built, 59 were production versions, with the other five being demonstrators/prototypes.
The F-117 was widely publicized for its role in the Persian Gulf War of 1991. Although it was commonly referred to as the "Stealth Fighter", it was strictly an attack aircraft. F-117s took part in the conflict in Yugoslavia, where one was shot down by a surface-to-air missile (SAM) in 1999; it was the only Nighthawk to be lost in combat. The U.S. Air Force retired the F-117 in 2008, primarily due to the fielding of the F-22 Raptor.
- Academy US F-117A Nighthawk "Last Flight"
- Plastic model kit requires assembly and painting. Glue and paint NOT included, required assembly
- 1:48 Scale Kit
- Also features recessed panel lines, detailed cockpit with multi-part ejection seat, detailed landing gear, weapons bay interior, tinted canopy, and GBU-27A Paveway III bombs (x2)
- Markings of F117A used in retirement ceremony
- Highly detailed cockpit interior, landing gear & weapons bay
- Includes red stripes and stars for underside US Flag retirement scheme.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.