Academy - 1/288 Space Shuttle/Booster Rocket 1639 *Spec*
This is a 1/288 Plastic NASA Space Shuttle with External Fuel Tank and Solid Fuel Boosters Model Kit from Academy Plastics. It's for ages 10 and up. The exploration of space is one of mankind's last great adventures. The rockets used to put man on the moon were effective but wasteful, they could only be used once. In 1972, NASA began development of a reusable spaceship. The shuttle that is now a reality has given us the ability to launch satellites and carry parts into space for future exploration.
- Plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in white and black Exterior surface of the shuttle is complete with minute details.
- A black plastic launch pad is included for display purposes.
- Engine and maneuvering subsystem nozzles are faithful replicas.
- External tank and solid-fuel boosters are highly detailed.
- Comes with all of the hardware necessary to attach to the orbiter.
- Detailed pictorial instructions include shuttle launch details.
- Tech Specs:Scale: 1/288 Shuttle Length: 4-1/2" (11.4cm) Shuttle Width: 3-1/4" (8.2cm) Shuttle Height: 1" (2.5cm) External Tank Height: 6-1/4" (15.6cm) External Tank Width: 1-1/4" (3cm)Solid Fuel Booster Height: 6-1/4" (15.6cm) Solid Fuel Booster Width: 1/2" (1.1cm) Base Length: 4-1/2" (11.4cm) Base Width: 4-1/2" (11.4cm) Base Height: 1" (2.5cm).
- Includes: One 1/288 Plastic NASA Space Shuttle with External Fuel Tank and Solid Fuel Boosters
- Model Kit Requires: Assembly, Cement Paint, Brushes, Sprue Cutter, Modeling Knife, File or Emery Board, Scissors, Tweezers, Water for Decals, Glue Tips or Toothpicks and Cloth.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.