Alclad II - ALC118 Titanium Gold 1oz
Application guide- plastic models:
- For use on injection plastic kits a primer is necessary. ‘Regular ALCLAD’ is similar in strength to lacquer/cellulose car paints-injected polystyrene plastics frequently have areas which ALCLAD can craze. High-Shine ALCLAD finishes require a glossy base coat.
Preparation and spraying:
-The surfaces to be painted must be thoroughly clean and free from dust,grease,oil and finger marks.
- Apply the correct primer for the type of Alclad being used.
- ALCLAD should be sprayed at 12-15psi. Spray from a distance of 2-3 inches from the surface being painted using a narrow to medium width spray fan. Use the airbrush like a paint brush-aim to cover the model in a methodical manner.
- Buffing is not necessary-tonal variation can be made by polishing selected panels with Micromesh.
- REGULAR ALCLAD can be masked over and painted. Decal solutions can be used with REGULAR ALCLAD, but are not recommended for HIGH SHINE ALCLAD
- The PRISMATIC finishes require a dark base coat-use ALCLAD GLOSS BLACK BASE. Apply 2-3 light coats. When completely dry finish with 2-3 coats of ALCLAD CLEAR BASE. ALCLAD HOLOMATIC SPECTRAL CHROME should be applied over ALCLAD GLOSS BLACK BASE. Apply 1-2 light coats. When completely dry finish with 2-3 coats of WATER BASED CLEAR.
- Bright Silver Candy Base:
Shake thoroughly before use. Do not thin. Surfaces must be completely clean. Apply 1 medium coat at 20-30PSI to clean bare plastic. Dry time 15-30 minutes. As the carrier evaporates the shine will develop. Allow to cure for 1 hour before coating with Alclad Candy Enamels. Avoid using in excessively damp or humid conditions.Finger marks on the bare plastic will appear in the final finish.
Candy Enamel top coats:
- Shake thoroughly before use. Do not thin. Apply over Aclclad Bright Silver Candy Base. Spray light coat at 20-25PSI. Wait 5 minutes. Apply further even coasts. Allow 5 minutes between each coat. Leave to cure for 2 hours before handling.
Application guide lexan/polycarbonate car body shells:
- The surface must be thoroughly cleaned-remove release agent,adhesive residue and finger marks.
- Regular ALCLAD - apply 2-3 light coats back with any R/C paint
- High shine ALCLAD - apply 2-3 light coats back with black or silver
- Apply 2-3 light coats of PRISMATIC or HOLOMATIC SPECTRAL CHROME to the inside of a clean body shell. Allow to dry thoroughly then back with black or silver WATER BASED PAINT.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.