Dapol - O Class 57xx Pannier L94
The 5700 class were introduced in 1929, whilst the 8750 class followed in 1933 and by 1950 863 locomotives had been constructed, making this perhaps the most successful 0-6-0. G.W.R. Classification: Group C, Route Blue, changed to yellow under B.R. B.R. Classification: 3F. Designed for shunting and short freight workings, however it soon became clear that other duties could be performed such as branch passenger working and mainline freight, being widespread across the system.
The 8750 class can be distinguished from the 5700 class by the totally enclosed larger cab. Whistle shields and bunker steps with handrails were added from 1936. A new water feed was introduced in 1942 with the clack valves being fitted inside a case on top of the boiler in front of the dome, which became standard for builds after 1944. Between 1956 and 1963, thirteen 5700 locomotives were sold to the London Transport being painted in the attractive lined red livery. The NCB bought five 5700 locomotives between 1959 and 1965, with number 7754 still working in 1975.
Last of class withdrawn: 1966. Preserved examples: 3650, 3738, 4612, 5764/L95, 5775/L89, 5786/L92, 7714, 7715/L99, 7752/L94, 7754, 7760/L90, 9600, 9629, 9642, 9681, 9682
- Die cast Chassis and footplate for excellent adhesion and pulling power
- Powerful 5 pole motor providing fine power control
- Beautifully detailed body with correct body type variations applied where relevant with many separately added details
- Partial representation of working inside motion and many other exquisite fine details including:
- Four cabs for original 57XX, Later 57XX, 8750 Collett cab and London Transport cab
- Sprung Buffers
- Removable roof, secured with magnets for ease of fitting engine crew
- Working cab doors, where fitted
- Flickering fire box glow
- Ash pan with correct double brake rodding
- Expertly applied livery
- Wheels conform to the new O Gauge standard, suitable for O Super Fine
- DCC Ready with a 21 pin decoder socket
- Sound fitted versions offered
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.