Easy Model - 1/72 Helicopter - UH-1B "Huey"
The UH-1B was an improved version of the UH-1A, equipped with a 960 shp Lycoming engine, revised main rotor blades of 44-foot diameter and 21-inch chord, 13 inch higher rotor mast and a longer cabin that could accommodate seven passengers. Later production UH-1Bs were equipped with a 1100 shp engine. Gross weight was 8,500 lb and the standard empty weight was 4,513 lb.
Designed to meet a US Army requirement for a medical evacuation (MEDEVAC) and general utility helicopter, the UH-1 Huey was first flown on October 20, 1956. Nicknamed "Huey" because of its original "HU-1" designation, this aircraft became famous during the Vietnam War, where 7,000 of them served in a variety of roles, from MEDEVAC and search and rescue to troop transport, air assault and ground attack. As a troop transporter, the Huey revolutionized warfare, giving the Army the ability to strategically position troops in various locations that were otherwise difficult to reach in the heavy jungle environment.
- Scale: 1/72
- Easy Model "Platinum Collection" display military vehicles
- Molded plastic construction.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals
- Spinning propellers
- Authentic ordnance loads.
- Permanently extended landing gear
- Dimensions: Length 8.75" Width 7.25"
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.