Hobbymaster - 1/72 RF-111C A8-134 No. 6 Sqn. RAAF
The General Dynamics F-111 entered service in 1967 as a medium-range aircraft designed for interdiction and tactical strikes. The F-111 was used as an all-weather attack aircraft capable of low-level penetration of enemy territory. It also could be used for reconnaissance members sat side by side in an escape capsule, internal weapons bay; terrain following radar and after-burning turbofans. The USAF retired their last F-111 in 1998 but the RAAF continued to use theirs until 2010.
Built for the USAF TAC General Dynamics F-111A 67-113 first flew in August 1969. In 1972 it went to Vietnam and flew 44 combat missions and placed in storage in 1973. 67-113 was delivered to the RAAF 3 Aircraft Depot as A8-113 and modified to RAAF Avionics Update Program (digital) ‘Pave Tack’ F-111C. The USAF retired their F-111s in 1998 but it wasn’t until 2010 when the RAAF retired theirs. A8-113 was given a “Farewell” scheme and later retired to the Australian Aviation Heritage Centre in Darwin.
- Scale 1/72
- Size approximately: L 12.25 x W 11.75 inches
- Professionally painted unique scheme
- Great attention to detail
- All markings are Tampoed (pad applied)
- Option to display the model on a stand that is provided
- Model can be shown with the landing gear in the down or up positions
- Canopy opens
- Extremely heavy metal with a minimum of plastic
- Highly collectable
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.