Hobby Master - 1/72 F/A-18C "30th An." 164630
VFA-106 "Gladiators" is a Fleet Replacement Squadron (FRS) whose primary mission is to provide the fleet with trained replacement aircrews. Aircraft from this squadron are supplied to the TAC Demo Team and appear at air-shows to demonstrate the flying capabilities of the F/A-18 used in training and combat. Usually the pilots assigned to TAC Demo spend one year before returning too their squadron. In 2008 F/A-18C 164630 from VFA-106 was given a special paint scheme to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the F/A-18 in service.
Designed as a replacement for the A-4 Skyhawk and the A-7 Corsair II and as a complement to the F-14 Tomcat, the F/A-18 first flew on November 18, 1978. Perhaps best known as the aircraft of the US Navy's Blue Angels, this carrier-capable, supersonic, all-weather fighter has many roles, including fighter escort, fleet air defense and close air support. The F/A-18 is a versatile aircraft: it can operate from carriers or land bases and a single switch converts it from fighter to strike mode. During Operation Desert Storm, the F/A-18 proved that, on a single mission, one aircraft could serve as both fighter and a bomber.
- 1:72 Air Power Series" diecast airplanes
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.