Hobby Master - 1/72 F/A-18C VFA-113BuNo164682 2005
McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C 164682 c/n 1115/C296 flew with VFA-113 in 2004 and 2005 assigned to the USS John C. Stennis, named after a U.S. Senator who served for 41 years. VFA-113 was established on July 15, 1948 as VF-113 Stingers, redesignated VA-113 in 1965 and VFA-113 in March 1983 when they became equipped with the F/A-18A. VFA-113 flew the F/A-18A until 1992 when they received the F/A-18C. The Stingers have participated in the Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf War, Operation Southern Watch, Operation Enduring Freedom, Iraq War and Operation Inherent Resolve.
Designed as a replacement for the A-4 Skyhawk and the A-7 Corsair II and as a complement to the F-14 Tomcat, the F/A-18 first flew on November 18, 1978. Perhaps best known as the aircraft of the US Navy's Blue Angels, this carrier-capable, supersonic, all-weather fighter has many roles, including fighter escort, fleet air defense and close air support. The F/A-18 is a versatile aircraft: it can operate from carriers or land bases and a single switch converts it from fighter to strike mode. During Operation Desert Storm, the F/A-18 proved that, on a single mission, one aircraft could serve as both fighter and a bomber.
- Scale 1:72
- Length: 9.25" Width: 6.25"
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.