Hobby Master - 1/72 F/A-18E Super Hornet 166957
Residing one hundred and fifty miles North East of L.A. and nestled in the western most part of the Mojave Desert just outside of Ridgecrest, California is the Naval Air Weapons Station, China Lake (NAWS). China Lake's VX-9 “Vampires" are charged with the testing and evaluation of weapons and their related systems in direct support of the United States Naval Aviation Fleet. The skilled Sailors and Marines of VX-9 are known for their ability to adapt to the dynamic testing environment that the aviation field provides.
Designed as a replacement for the A-4 Skyhawk and the A-7 Corsair II and as a complement to the F-14 Tomcat, the F/A-18 first flew on November 18, 1978. Perhaps best known as the aircraft of the US Navy's Blue Angels, this carrier-capable, supersonic, all-weather fighter has many roles, including fighter escort, fleet air defense and close air support. The F/A-18 is a versatile aircraft: it can operate from carriers or land bases and a single switch converts it from fighter to strike mode. During Operation Desert Storm, the F/A-18 proved that, on a single mission, one aircraft could serve as both fighter and a bomber.
- Scale 1:72
- Length: 10" Width: 7.5"
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.