Hobby Master - 1/72 F-14A Tomcat VF14 Tophatters 80th A
The aircraft is crewed by a Pilot and a Radar Intercept Officer who share the tasks of navigation, target acquisition, ECM and weapons usage. The Tomcat was operated by the United States Navy and the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force only. The name “Tomcat” is said to come from the call-sign used by Vice Admiral Thomas Connolly which conformed to the USN tradition of giving Grumman aircraft feline names.
In 1999 VF-14 “Tophatters” marked the 80th year of continuous active service making them the USN’s oldest continuous active duty squadron. Established at NAS San Diego in 1919 as Fighter Plane Squadron 1 the squadron has had fourteen name changes over the years as well as flying twenty different types of aircraft. F-14A 162698 was issued to VF-33 in 1986 before moving to VF-32. In 1999 C/N 544 Bu.No 162698 was sent to VF-14 and given the 80th Anniversary paint scheme. In December 2001 the aircraft was transferred to AMARC.
- True 1/72 scale.
- Professionally painted.
- Great attention to detail.
- All markings are Tampoed (pad applied).
- Option to display the model on a stand that is provided.
- Model can be shown with the landing gear in the down or up positions.
- Optional armament provided.
- Canopy can be displayed open or closed.
- Pilot figure included.
- Extremely heavy metal with a minimum of plastic.
- Highly collectable
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.