Hobby Master - 11/72 F-14A Tomcat "Delores" 158612
The Grumman F-14 Tomcat is a twin-engine, variable sweep wings capable of supersonic flight. The aircraft is crewed by a Pilot and a Radar Intercept Officer who share the tasks of navigation, Navy and the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force only. The name “Tomcat” is said to come from the call-sign used by Vice Admiral Thomas Connolly which conformed to the USN tradition of giving Grumman aircraft feline names.
Grumman F-14A 158612 was the first F-14A delivered to the USN in May 1972 and served at Naval Air Test Center, Patuxent River until it was sent to VF-201 Navy Reserve at NAS Dallas,
Texas in 1997. In 1999 158612 returned to operational duty with VF41 “Black Aces and saw action in Operation Allied Forces, Operation Southern Watch and Operation Enduring Freedom and was on the final F-14 cruise in 2001 and received the special markings to commemorate this event. F-14A 158612 had the name “Delores” painted on the radome.
- True 1/72 scale.
- Professionally painted.
- Great attention to detail.
- All markings are Tampoed (pad applied).
- Option to display the model on a stand that is provided.
- Model can be shown with the landing gear in the down or up positions.
- Optional armament provided.
- Canopy can be displayed open or closed.
- Pilot figure included.
- Extremely heavy metal with a minimum of plastic.
- Highly collectable
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.