Hobby Master - 1/72 F-35C Lightning II 101, VFA-101
The first Lockheed Martin F-35B ZM-135 BK-1 was delivered to the British on July 19, 2012 at a ceremony held at the Fort Worth, Texas factory. This marked the first delivery to an international customer. The fourth F-35B ZM-138 BK-4 completed its maiden flight on December 2, 2015 and along with BK-1, BK-2 was sent to the 17 (Reserve) Test and Evaluation Squadron at Edwards AFB, California. In 2017 ZM138 went to the RAF 17 Squadron and will operate from the Queen Elizabeth Class carriers.
Designed to meet the US Military's requirement for a multi-role Joint Strike Fighter, the F-35 was first flown on December 15, 2006. This single-seat fighter is one of the most advanced aircraft of our time, said to be four times more effective at air-to-air combat and eight times more effective at air-to-ground combat than any other existing aircraft. It uses a low-maintenance stealth technology, and some versions have an innovative Lift System, which gives the F-35 vertical take-off and landing capabilities. The US plans to buy a total of 2,443 F-35s at a cost of $323 billion, which makes the F-35 the most expensive defense program in history.
- Scale 1:72
- Length: 8.5" Width: 7.25"
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.