Hobby Master - 1/48 Hurricane IIc PZ865 '44
Hurricane IIC PZ865 was completed in July 1944 as the last of 14,533 Hurricanes to be built and was given the inscription “Last of the Many" that it wore for several years. PZ865 was retained by the company for trial work. In 1950 PZ865 was given a civil registration of G-AMAU and in 1972 the aircraft was given to the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight at RAF Coningsby where it was refurbished.
Based on the Fury biplane and designed by Sydney Camm as a monoplane fighter, the Hurricane was first flown on November 6th, 1935. With its wide-set landing gear, easy handling, reliability, and stable gun platform, the Hurricane was suitable for a variety of different roles such as intruder, ground strafing and night fighter. Steel-tube construction meant cannon shells could pass right through the wood and fabric covering without exploding. The Hurricane underwent many modifications during its lifetime, including an upgraded Merlin engine and interchangeable multi-purpose wings, staging twelve 7.7mm guns and two 40mm anti-tank guns and carrying two 500lb bombs.
- Scale 1:48
- Length: 8" Width: 10"
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.