Herpa - 1/200 Grumman E-2C Hawkeye "Seahawks"
Four E-2s are stationed on each aircraft carrier of the fleet to ensure a continuous 24-hour coverage. The 126th Squadron, currently deployed on the USS Harry S. Truman, carry the colors of their namesake in the NFL, the Seattle Seahawks, winner of Superbowl XLVIII.
Designed as a replacement for the E-1 Tracer, the Grumman E-2 Hawkeye was first flown in 1960. This all-weather tactical Airborne Early Warning aircraft is the only aircraft-carrier capable aircraft to carry a large rotating dome, which houses the antennas for its long-range radars. Used primarily by the US Navy, the E-2 provides surveillance and airborne early warning of anti-ship and enemy aircraft attacks. Sometimes called "The Hummer" because of its distinctive engine sounds, the E-2 is one of only two propeller airplanes that currently operate from aircraft carriers. The E-2 is still undergoing upgrades, with the modern E-2D taking its first flight in August 2007.
- Scale: 1/200
- Highly detailed Herpa Wings (Miniaturmodelle)
- True-to-scale aircraft model
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Permanently extended landing gear with non-rotating wheels.
- Authentic fixed ordnance loads.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
- Brand: Herpa Wings
- Material: Die-cast Metal
- Small scale and life-like model for adult collectors. Not suitable for children under 14 years!
- Dimensions (L x W) 3.5 x 4.75 inches
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.