Italeri - 1/72 F104G Starfighter Recce
The Lockheed F-104 Starfighter is one of the most famous fighters in aviation history and is also one of the longest survivors with an operational life that began in the late 50s and ended, for some military aviation, in the mid-2000s Single plane for aerodynamic structure with elongated fuselage and extremely reduced wing surfaces. Its structure made it ideal as an interceptor fighter able to overcome, thanks to the thrust of the General Electric J79 turbojet engine, Mach 2.2 with an extraordinary speed of climb at high altitude. However, it was not very manoeuvrable and difficult to pilot. The F-104G Starfighter was produced under license by several European aviation industries. Since the mid-1960s, it has become the reference interceptor fighter of many NATO countries, including Italy, Germany, Holland, Greece and Turkey. The armament was basically that of the original versions with a 20mm Vulcan cannon. and the ability to transport air-to-air missiles, bombs, or additional tanks to increase their flight range. The traditional task of hunting interceptor was also joined by that of reconnaissance. The F-104G was equipped with an external "Orpheus" reconnaissance pod that provided excellent operating results.
- Scale 1/72
- Period: From the 1950s
- Country: NATO
- Brand Italeri
- The kit also includes assembly instructions.
- The model comes unassembled and unpainted and requires glue and paints to be finished.
- Unless stated on the box the kit does not contain paints, glue, and brushes.
- Plastic scale model kit made of polystyrene, an exact detailed replica of the real model.
* Not suitable for children under 3 years due to small parts. Choking hazard!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.