Italeri - 1/72 A-7E Corsair II
The Vought A-7 Corsair II was designed and built in the first half of the '60s to respond to the US Navy's request for a new airborne attack aircraft capable of replacing the A-1 Skyraiders, with piston engines, and jets A-4 Skyhawk. Directly developed by the Vought F-8 Crusader boarded fighter cell, the first A-7 entered service in 1965. It featured a large front air intake, 35 ° arrow wings with foldable ends so to reduce the clutter on the flight decks of the aircraft carriers, and for the adoption of a modern Head-up Display that amplifies the operational efficiency. The "Corsair II" had the ability to carry an impressive offensive load typically consisting of free-fall bombs, Paveway guided bombs and surface air missiles. The A-7E was the latest version produced for the US Navy with further improved operational capabilities. The A-7E could in fact use the Harpoon anti-ship missiles and the AGM-88 HARM anti-radiation missiles.
- Scale 1/72
- Period: Modern
- Type: Bombardment and reconnaissance aircraft
- Country: United States
- Brand Italeri
- The kit also includes assembly instructions.
- The model comes unassembled and unpainted and requires glue and paints to be finished.
- Unless stated on the box the kit does not contain paints, glue, and brushes.
- Plastic scale model kit made of polystyrene, an exact detailed replica of the real model.
* Not suitable for children under 3 years due to small parts. Choking hazard!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.