Tamiya 1/48 Jagdpanther Late Version
The German Jagdpanther is regarded by ordnance experts as one of the best tracked weapons systems used in World War II. Earlier German tank destroyers like the Nashorn and Ferdinand (Elefant) were powerful, but faced limitations in mobility and defensive ability that would be addressed in the design of this new vehicle. The awesome Pak43/3, L71 88mm gun was mounted on a Panther tank chassis, installed in a box shaped superstructure protected by inclined steel armor plates 80mm thick at front and 50mm at the sides. A ball mounted MG42 bow machine gun was installed at the right side of the main gun to further improve defenses. Weighing in at 46 tons and propelled by the powerful Maybach V12 cylinder engine, this tank destroyer possessed a good balance of fire power, protection and mobility.
- 1/48 scale assembly model of the Late Version Jagdpanther Tank Destroyer.
- Excellent detailing captures weld marks on armor plates and surface texture of gun mantlet.
- Choice of exhaust pipes with standard cast base, or with flash suppressors and deflecting nozzles.
- Commander and crew hatches can be built in open or closed position.
- Die-cast lower hull for extra weight and enhanced realism.
- Choice of 3 sets of markings.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.