The first kit released for the new Mobile Suit Gundam SEED MSV Project, MVF-X08 Eclipse Gundam, is finally here and it’s a stunning MG kit!
The Bandai MG 1/100 Eclipse Gundam is the first in the line of model kit offerings for the 2021 Gundam SEED MSV series “Eclipse”. The design is reminiscent of M1 Astray and the hint of tri-colour motif will remind you of MG Freedom 2.0.
What makes this Master Grade kit stand out? With its distinctive radical form, it can transform between Mobile Suit and Mobile Armor mode. It is also compatible with existing Striker, Silhouette, and Wizard packs from the MG 1/100 Strike Gundam Ver. RM, MG 1/100 Force Impulse, and MG 1/100 Gunner Zaku Warrior series model kits.
WHAT MAKES IT #MySeriousFun:
- Its proportions are kept as accurate as possible while still allowing for full posability.
- Its various equipment is all included and can be attached via joint parts.
- The side armours are equipped with beam rifles.
- Pull out the grip parts of the rifle and attach the beam effect to transform it to Saber Mode.
- Attach the clear parts to the left and right arm shields to make Beam Shields.
- Original marking stickers are included.
- All of the parts can be assembled without any glue.
- It has pre-coloured plastic parts to allow for an out-of-the-box build without any paints.
- The fun goes on beyond finishing the model kit. Customize it with Gundam Markers or use different action bases.
- While this is suitable for all skill levels, beginners might find it a little bit challenging which makes it more fun! Tips for beginners: read the instruction manual before and during assembly.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- Beam rifle x 2
- Beam shield x 2
- Effect parts for beam saber x 2
- Effect parts for beam shield x 2
- Interchangeable hands x 5 types - left and right
- Joint set for Striker pack equipment
- Joint set for Silhouette equipment
- Joint set for Wizard equipment
- Foil stickers
- Marking stickers
- Base for display
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Specialised plastic cutters are recommended to remove the parts of the sprue.
HOBBYCO TEAM RECOMMENDS:
- GodHand GH-PN-120 Blade One Nipper has an evolutionary plastic nipper design and operation which provides a neat cut with little plastic whitening or gouging and with a minimum of scraping, sanding and polishing. This is for you if you want to improve kit construction efficiency as it minimizes the time spent on sprue gate removal and clean-up.
- Mineshima Select Tool Set is a 6-pc toolset that includes a nipper, flat head driver, screwdriver, cutter, tweezer and a file. It has all the basic tools needed for model kit assembly in a compact case.
- Tamiya A4 Cutting Mat is a suitable surface for customizing plastic kit parts. It offers excellent visibility and it also has a variety of markings on the face (1cm grid, 10-degree increment angles, 1mm step ruler, curved and circular markings).
- GodHand Flex Cloth Emery Cloth Set comes in an assortment of 4 grit sizes: #240, #400, #600, and #800. Unlike traditional sandpaper, the abrasive side of the sheet is made of cloth making them highly durable, hard to tear, and fits in any kind of curved surface. It’s also suitable for water sanding.
- GSI Creos Gundam Marker Basic Set helps make the fine details of the assembled model stand out. It includes gray, white, yellow, blue and red and a gray marker for panel lines.
The Eclipse Gundam's Mobile Armor form resembles the design of the race cars appearing in Future GPX Cyber Formula, an anime that was directed by Mitsuo Fukuda.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.