1/200 Air Canada Dash 8 Q400 CGGOY
- Free shipping orders > $125 (excl. bulky items or bulky orders whereby the total order exceeds 3kg in weight)
Gemini Jets - 1/200 AIR CANADA DASH 8 Q-400 C-GGOY
Designed as a short-haul transport based on the Dash 7 design, the Bombardier Dash 8 (formerly de Havilland Canada DHC-8) was first flown on June 20th, 1983. Appearing to be a smaller, twin-engined version of the Dash 7, the Dash 8 design placed less emphasis on STOL (Short take-off and landing) capability and focused more heavily on economical operation. The two Pratt & Whitney PW100 engines mated to a very high aspect ratio wing enabled the Dash 8 to offer the lowest cost per passenger mile of any regional airliner of it's era.
Gemini's 1:200 scale Dash 8 models are constructed mostly of solid diecast metal with only the smallest amount of plastic used. The fuselage and tail fin are seamlessly constructed as a single unit and feature pad-printed windows and doors, fine photo-etch antennas and a glimmering jewel-cut anti-collision lens on top. The solid metal high aspect ratio wing is a clearly seen element on this model as are the long slender engine nacelles with metal propeller blades and exhaust details. The series covers the Dash-8 200 series and the improved Q400 series with a noticeably longer stretched fuselage and efficient five bladed scimitar shaped propeller blades.
- Scale 1/200
- Higly-detailed diecast airplanes
- Diecast metal construction, including wings and tail surfaces.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Permanently extended metal landing gear with rolling rubber tires.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
This item is not a toy and is not suitable for children.
This item is fragile and is meant for static display and collectable purposes only.