Sign up for email updates, exclusive offers and deals!
Hobby Master 1/72 T-38A Talon Jackie Cochran '61
Jacqueline Jackie Cochran was born into poverty but achieved greatness as she grew up. Jackie began air racing in the late 1930s and in June 1941 she was the first woman to fly a bomber across the Atlantic Ocean. In 1943 was appointed to the General Staff of the USAAF to direct the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) program. Jackie was the first woman to break the sound barrier, set distance and altitude records and averaged a speed of 844mph while flying Northrop T-38A Talon 60-0551.
Designed as a supersonic jet trainer to replace the T-33, the T-38 was based on the F-5 Freedom Fighter airframe and was first flown on March 10th, 1959. The pressurized tandem-seat cockpit offers excellent visibility for both student and instructor and provides a comfortable training environment. Being both lightweight and nimble, the T-38 is used extensively to prepare military pilots for high performance jet aircraft and has earned the nickname "White Rocket". The T-38 was famously flown by the USAF Thunderbirds air demonstration squadron during the 1970s and proved popular with NASA who use it as an astronaut trainer and chase-plane.
- Scale: 1/72
- Length: 7.75" width: 4.25"
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight"
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads
This item is not a toy and is not suitable for children.
This item is fragile and is meant for static display and collectable purposes only.