Gemini Jets 1/400 Virgin Atl. A350-1000 G-VXWB
In July 2016 Virgin Atlantic announced an order for 12 Airbus A350-1000 aircraft, to eventually replace the ageing 4-engined Boeing 747-400 and Airbus A340-600 fleets. The order consists of 8 aircraft which will be purchased directly from Airbus, with a further 4 acquired through leasing companies. It is expected that the 12 A350-1000s on order will be split into 2 separate configurations, a business-oriented, premium heavy configuration, and leisure-oriented, economy heavy configuration for select routes to the Caribbean, Las Vegas, and Orlando, Florida. The first aircraft is scheduled to be delivered in 2019, with the Rolls-Royce XWB engine selected (the only available option for the Airbus A350 line-up). This order will leave Virgin with a streamlined fleet of Airbus A330s, A350s and Boeing 787 aircraft, leaving just 2 pilot pools and increasing cost efficiencies.
- Diecast metal construction, including wings and tail surfaces.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Permanently extended metal landing gear.
- Optional presentation stand available (sold separately) to display the aircraft in flight.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.