Hobby Master - 1/72 FA.2 ZH809 No. 899 NAS
To mark the No. 899 Squadron's 25 years equipped with the Sea Harrier ZH809 was given a special paint scheme. The color was supposed to be Dark Sea Gray but it wasn't available but Roundel Blue was and ZH809 was named “The Admiral's Barge" and became the star at air shows. ZH809 joined the Fleet Air Arm in 1998 and withdrawn from service in 2006 with only 1,073 flying hours. The aircraft went to Culdrose to train flight deck crews and eventually went to a museum in Athens Greece.
Designed to meet a NATO specification for a light tactical support fighter that was also capable of Vertical/Short Takeoff and Landing (V/STOL), the Harrier first flew in 1960. This unique aircraft has the distinction of being the only successful V/STOL design out of the many that were put forth during the 1960s. There are four different versions of the Harrier, which uses thrust vectoring to achieve V/STOL: the first generation Hawker Siddeley Harrier, the Naval strike/air defense BAE Sea Harrier, the US AV-8B Harrier II variant and the British BAE Harrier II. The Harrier was produced between 1969 and 2003.
- Scale 1:72
- Length: 7.25" Width: 4.25"
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.