Hobby Master - 1/48 P-51D NZ 2415, No.3 Sqn
P-51D Mustang NZ2415 c/n 124-48258 serial 45-11505 was received in Hobsonville Australia's Aircraft Assembly Depot on August 27, 1945. There it was wrapped in rubberized protectant and placed in storage in early 1946 until February 1947 when it was transferred by barge and road to Ardmore. It sat in Ardmore storage until No. 3 (Canterbury) TAF Squadron took possession in June 1952. In January 1954 the aircraft was badly damaged while landing and was stored until sold in 1958 and scrapped.
Designed to meet an RAF requirement for fighter-bomber and reconnaissance aircraft, the P-51 Mustang was first flown on October 26th, 1940. This versatile aircraft was capable of escorting bombers on long-range missions, engaging in dogfights, and dropping down to destroy German targets on the ground. At least eight versions of the P-51 were produced, but it was the definitive P-51D that gave the Mustang its classic warbird appearance. Britain and the US both tested the airframe with the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine, which gave the aircraft tremendous performance gains. The Truman Senate War Investigating Committee called the Mustang "the most aerodynamically perfect pursuit plane in existence."
- Scale 1:48
- Length: 8" Width: 9.25"
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Interchangeable extended/retracted landing gear.
- Presentation stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
- Accurately detailed underside with concealed screwheads.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobbyco users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.